Standard Licensing Procedure

Under Child Performance Legislation (including the Children’s Act 1963 as amended and accompanying Child Performance Regulations 2014) a heat of That’s Showbiz constitutes a performance for licensing purposes.

As a result every performer taking part in a heat of That’s Showbiz must do so under a license issued by their local authority, unless they are exempt from the requirement of a license.

Under Child Performance Legislation a child is exempt for the licensing requirement if:

(a) the child has not performed more than 3 times in the 6 months preceding the relevant performance;

(b) the child does not require time off school; and

(c) no payment is made to the child for their participation in the performance

If all of the conditions above are satisfied you will not have to apply for individual licenses for each of your performers. Instead, If your performers are exempt from the licensing requirement, you will need to complete a copy of our Notification of Non-licensed Performance Exemption Form.

If the conditions above do not apply to a child or group of children then you will need to complete an individual license application for each of those children. You can do so by contacting your local council for the appropriate forms or Contact Us to see if we already have the required applications.

If your children are performing under a license they will be subject to different conditions that those performers not under a license. Most importantly those under a license must be chaperoned by a registered chaperone/matron who is registered with the council issuing the license. Please be aware that if you do not have registered matrons within your school, a license will not be issued unless registered matrons are used. If you do not already have matrons there may be a small charge involved to hire them to chaperone the children.

Body of Persons Procedure

With certain heats our company may be able to acquire Body of Persons status from the host council, if that is the case you will simply be required to complete a body of persons for your school and you will be covered by our authorisation. Under a Body of Persons registered matrons are not required and a responsible person selected by you will be a suitable chaperone. Unless we notify you of our Body of Persons status, please proceed on the basis that the standard licensing procedure applies.

Please understand that these licensing requirements are beyond our control, they a legal requirement that should be enforced at every performance your school takes part in. Please be aware that it is a criminal performance for failing to comply with the licensing requirements set out above. We ask that you do you everything you can to comply with the requirements and thank you greatly for your cooperation.

Our cooperation is based on the information you provide so by providing that information you agree that it is true to the best of your knowledge and you agree to indemnify us in respect of any liability that may arise due to any error, omission or inaccuracy in the information you provide.

For the purpose of the above a Child refers to any individual under the age of 18 who is still in full time education.

Please click on the link below to download digital copies of:

Notification of Non-Licensed Performance

Photography and Videography Consent and Release.