The Brunton, Musselburgh
WOW what a year we’ve had! It has been SO tough on our industry and we could not be happier to announce that That’s Showbiz is back…with a twist!
This season Dance Design Events presents That’s Showbiz: The Experience!
We’d love to see you on the 31st October 2021 at The Brunton in Musselburgh, Scotland.
That’s Showbiz, now in its 10th year, we’re doing things a little differently to get everybody back to doing what we love most…PERFORMING!
With restrictions still in place for the beginning of our season, this leaves us with only half of our typical Showbiz schedule and so we will not be hosting Heats, Semi Finals & Finals – instead we will be hosting individual events where WINNERS WILL BE CROWNED AT EACH EVENT!!! Yes, you read that right, you need to bring your ‘A’ game, no second chances at next stages this season.
The competition caters for all ages, genres and group sizes start from a minimum number of five dancers. From ballet to break-dancing, every style is appreciated and rewarded in its own right.
We offer a fun, friendly and professional competition and with the massive success of Dance iDDEntity you can rest assured that you are entering the most fair competition around.
We make the entry process as easy as possible for you and even take care of all the performance licensing requirements. As we are one of the very few production companies to have been approved by Local Education Authorities all we need are details of your dancers and chaperones once and we look after the rest. We are transparent with costs and we do not have a ticket stipulation at any of our events, so you only need to purchase tickets that you require.
- “CLASSIC” – (Classical Ballet, Character Ballet, National Dance, Lyrical or Contemporary Dance)
- “MODERN” – (Modern, Jazz, Tap, Musical Theatre, Song & Dance, Cabaret)
- “HIP”- (Street, Hip Hop, Breaking, Robotics, Commercial Jazz & Other Street Styles)
- “OPEN” – (Any routine that combines any of the above categories or a style of dance that does not fit in to any of the above, namely: Acro, Latin, Ballroom, Disco Freestyle, Cheer & Pom)
- DIDI KIDZ – Age 3-7 Years (25% can be age 8)
- MINI KIDZ – Age 5-11 Years (25% can be age 12)
- KIDZ – Age 9-14 Years (25% can be age 15)
- SENIOR – Age 12-18 Years (25% can be 19-21)
- ADULT – Age 18 & Over (25% can be 16-17)
- MIXED – Any Age (Must be a mix of at least 2 age sections that do not fit into any other age section)
- Small Group – Min: 5 Dancers – Max: 11 Dancers
- Large Group – Min: 12 Dancers – No max
- 1st – 4th place in each age group
- 1st – 2nd place in adult age section
- 3 x Adjudicator’s choice awards
- 2 x Best Newcomers
- Highest marks in each genre in each age section
- Best small group in each age section
- Best costume
- That’s Showbiz Experience Champions
OR if you’re ready to get your school/group registered head to our registration form